If you love outdoor activities, camping is one thing you definitely enjoy. Camping takes you back to wilderness where you can enjoy nature at its best and you get to relax away from the stresses of everyday life, enjoying a cool breeze and listening to the crickets chirp while you fall asleep outdoors.
Tents are commonly used to sleep outdoors, but sometimes, sleeping on hard ground just isn’t very appealing, and packing an oversize air mattress just isn’t feasible. This is why more and more outdoor lovers are using camping hammocks for a good night’s sleep.
There are many types and different brands making hammocks and can be confusing to choose one that will suit your needs. We have selected the top 10 hammocks to review for you. You won’t go wrong choosing one of the following.
Table of Contents
- 1. Legit Camping – Double Hammock
- 2. Eclypse II Camping Hammock Professional Grade Ripstop Nylon Strength
- 3. Aomaso Inflatable Waterproof Lounger
- 4. Sawtooth Double Camping Hammock BUNDLE – Double Hammock
- 5. Rallt Single and Double Camping Hammock
- 6. Homitt 2 Person Outdoor Camping Hammock
- 7. Double Camping Hammock by Youphoria Outdoors
- 8. Ultralight Camping Hammock with FREE ROPES
- 9. Reversible Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net including Suspension Strap
- 10. XL Double Hammock Swing Rip Stop Parachute Nylon
1. Legit Camping – Double Hammock
This Legit hammock has all that would need for comfort when out camping. It’s light yet capacious it can sleep two adults comfortably holding up to 400 pound capacity. It’s sturdy and rugged enough to outlast any environment. Included straps safely wrap around most trees, and steel carabineers ensure that you don’t have any midnight surprises. The Legit Lifetime Warranty comes in handy if your hammock gets spoiled, they will replace it promptly.
– Has a lifetime warranty, Lightweight, Spacious, can sleep 2 people
– Heavy to take backpacking
2. Eclypse II Camping Hammock Professional Grade Ripstop Nylon Strength
The Eclypse II Camping Hammock lets you sleep in comfort without fear of ripping or collapsing. It’s made of strong next generation RipStop nylon with .5mm rip blocking threads and can hold up to a person weighing 400 pounds. It’s large enough for one person to rest in without having to sacrifice comfort and offers support across your body, relieving pressure on shoulders and feet, with a less sinking middle.
– It has a very expansive interior, Reasonably priced considering the quality
– The bars and tent poles make it heavy, It can be unstable if you are not careful
3. Aomaso Inflatable Waterproof Lounger
This lounger is made from super-durable, lightweight material and comes with a compact over-the-shoulder carrying case. What’s even better is there is no need a pump to get your Aomaso Inflatable lounger set up. The sleeping bag is so light for you to stuff in your backpack and go camping.
This perfect lounger can float on water too. It comes with two pockets to hold your belongings as well as a drink holder & an anchor. Float in the swimming pool or river and take it back on the ground to dry and get the perfect sleeping bag for the night.
– Lightweight and compact, Can float on water, Easy to set up
– Can only be used on the ground.
4. Sawtooth Double Camping Hammock BUNDLE – Double Hammock
This hammock come equipped with tree straps and premium carabiners. It’s easy to set up with suspension straps and smooth, wire gate carabiners. Easily adjust this double hammocks height without moving the tree straps by clipping the carabiner into one of 14 strap loops.
Measuring 10′ long, 6.5′ wide, the canopy is big enough to fit two people comfortably. You get 8 convenient utility loops on the hammock and one stuff bag.
Crafted with triple-stitched nylon, this outdoor camping hammock is lightweight, extremely durable, weather resistant, and supports up to 400 pounds without sacrificing breathability or comfort. This premium double hammock comes equipped heavy-duty and durable straps, which maximize safety and minimize the time needed to set up the hammock.
– Durable material, Lightweight, Comes with tree straps
– Heavy due to steel carabiners
5. Rallt Single and Double Camping Hammock
The Rallt hammock is sturdy and can hold 400 pounds. The fabric on this hammock is definitely durable. The seams are sewn well and don’t look like they will unravel. It’s lightweight to be used for backpacking trips. The carabiners that come with the hammock are made with aluminum which cuts back on weight.
The hammock fits inside its own pack sack attached to the hammock. Included are the polypropylene ropes which are strong enough to hold the hammock and has virtually no stretch.
– Lightweight and strong, Compact size to fit into backpacks
– Not ideal to support heavy people as its not stable to support a lot of weight
6. Homitt 2 Person Outdoor Camping Hammock
The Homitt double hammock is durable, simple and quick to set up. It’s also one of the widest models available which makes a good option for couples. You don’t get carabiners, instead, a 100″ cord for set up. A simple hammock without many features, but with a high functionality and a reasonable price tag.
– Super wide and roomy, Reliable load capacity, Easy to setup in minutes, Portable and lightweight
– Threading begins to unravel quickly
7. Double Camping Hammock by Youphoria Outdoors
The Youphoria Hammock is strong, easy to use and durable. It’s also lightweight hammock and a popular choice for those looking for a practical & easy to carry model. You won’t get a rainfly or tarp, but it’s possible to buy them separately as an add-on.
It has comfort without compromising strength, but improving the space and not using cheap, loud nylon materials. This is a double hammock that’s built for comfort to sleep two.
– Strong and durable, Breathable comfort, Big pack bag
– No wire gate aluminum carabiners, Hammock straps not included
8. Ultralight Camping Hammock with FREE ROPES
This camping hammock is made out of the finest Parachute Silk Nylon to make it durable. The fabric also makes this one of the most comfortable hammocks you can get with soft breathable drapery that helps to keep air circulating within the hammock. The fabric is also mildew and rot resistant. It is also machine washable, which helps make your life easier as you no longer have to worry about the hammock getting dirty.
– Mildew and Rot resistant, Lightweight and easy to pack and carry, Can fit two people comfortably
– Can get cold at night, Can be difficult to get out of
9. Reversible Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net including Suspension Strap
The single hammock spacious room with a portable design. It’s also lightweight weighing only 19 ounces and is easy to carry on. It has a newly designed suspension system which makes it safe. The ruse mosquito net, you can use it in dozens of different environments. The nylon material is sturdy, comfortable, easy to clean and can be used on most surfaces.
– Strong durable parachute nylon with bug-free netting, Mildew and rot resistant, Redesigned tree strap makes hanging hammock never such easier, Light to carry, Big bed
– Heavy to carry
10. XL Double Hammock Swing Rip Stop Parachute Nylon
This camper can handle much more weight than may appear, and has an upper weight limit of 300 pounds, which is more than enough for most people. It is also 9 feet long, meaning that anyone can sleep in it comfortably no matter your height.
However, despite all the positives, there are a few negatives that you need to consider before you purchase this hammock. For instance, though it is long enough to accommodate even the tallest human, it is quite narrow, and can become rather uncomfortable after extended use. The nylon has also been described as ‘springy’, which takes some getting used to.
– High strength rip stop nylon, Lightweight & portable, Large & extra durable
– Nylon textile can be very springy, Its thin, which can get uncomfortable
There are many different kinds of hammock out in the market. Before making a purchase, access your needs and do enough research. Using the list above is a great guide into knowing what to look for, we are sure you will get the perfect hammock to take camping.